Skip to Content
Handling Cases Nationwide 877-757-2828

Why Should You Hire an Unpaid Wages Attorney to Claim Your Unpaid Wages?


Cases of unpaid wages and overtime claims are becoming increasingly common as unscrupulous business owners try to cheat their employees out of their hard-earned money. You may not believe it but some employers will definitely get out of their way to find how they can avoid paying overtime compensation to their employees at all costs.

There are a lot of ways by which an employer attempts to avoid paying for overtime work. Some will intentionally misclassify an employee's job duties so he or she doesn't qualify for overtime pay, ask employees to work off-the-clock or allow employees to trade overtime with some time off at a later date.

Some will go as far as changing the hours on a timesheet while others will simply refuse to pay any overtime claims. However, under Florida labor laws, all of these practices are considered fraudulent.

Why Do You Need to Hire an Unpaid Wages Attorney?

There are a lot of good reasons why you need to seek the legal advice of a competent employment attorney when you are experiencing employment-related issues such as unpaid overtime claims.

By hiring a qualified unpaid wages lawyer, you can:

  • Have the merits of your case reviewed.
  • Get expert advice on what your next course of action should be, based on the merits of your case. You will know whether it will be in your best interest to take your case to court or to negotiate for a fair settlement instead.
  • Protect you against any other future employment disputes.

If your employer owes you unpaid overtime credits but you are afraid to take action for fear of retaliation, don't be. You should know that under the Fair Labor Standards ACT (FLSA), employers who retaliate against their employees who are claiming unpaid wages and overtime remuneration will be dealt with extremely harsh penalties. As such, there is no need to worry because the law is clearly on your side.

To find out how you can claim your unpaid overtime, call Remer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLC at (877) 757-2828 or via the online contact form forĀ a consultation.

Share To: