Miami Car Accident Lawyers
Injury Attorneys for Car Accidents Throughout South Florida
Car accidents are the most common grounds for personal injury claims throughout the United States. These cases typically involve a negligent driver who was speeding, driving drunk, or who was distracted while driving. In the blink of an eye, careless drivers cause car accidents that leave others with physical and psychological injuries. Depending on the force of impact and the particular circumstances of the accident, the injury sustained may be minor or life-threatening. Wrongful death may also result from a traffic collision.
Why Choose Our Miami Car Accident Attorney?
At Remer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLC, we stand up for the legal rights of those who have been seriously injured or killed in a serious car accident. Our car accident lawyers in Miami help the wrongfully injured statewide receive the compensation they need to pay for their medical bills and other accident-related expenses. In the tragic event a loved one has been killed, we can help you and your family hold the responsible party accountable and receive compensation for funeral, burial, and other related expenses.
To learn more about how we can help you and your family during this tough time, call Remer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLCat (305) 416-5000 or contact online to schedule your case evaluation with our Miami car accident lawyers.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Traffic accidents can have numerous causes, including bad weather, road conditions, and wild animals crossing the road. Yet, when it comes to personal injury claims, crashes have a single root cause—human error. In fact, 94% of all car accidents are caused by mistakes motorists make behind the wheel, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Some of the most common causes of car accidents caused by drivers include:
- Aggressive driving: Tailgating, changing lanes often without signaling, and other ways of driving aggressively can easily lead to a serious crash.
- Distracted driving: As one of the leading causes of all traffic accidents and fatalities, it is best to avoid distracted driving at all costs. Texting and driving is the most common cause of crashes caused by distractions.
- Driving while tired: Sleepiness and exhaustion can impair a motorist just as badly as driving while under the influence of alcohol.
- Drunk driving: According to the CDC, 28% of all traffic-related deaths were caused by drunk driving in 2016.
- Ignoring traffic signs and signals: Almost half of car accidents occur at intersections, typically because one or more drivers weren’t paying attention to or ignored a traffic sign or light.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving, such as speeding, is a major cause of auto collisions nationwide.
Common Car Crash Injuries
Some of the types of injuries that may be associated with car accidents include, but are not limited to:
- Head trauma
- Facial injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Dental injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Damaged internal organs
The most influential factors that will determine how great of injury a victim may sustain will be the force and location of impact. The crashworthiness of the vehicle and the comparative size of vehicles involved will also influence potential injuries.
At times, however, it may seem that the injuries sustained in a car accident also have something to do with luck or another unknown factor. We have all heard of catastrophic collisions that left vehicle occupants with minor injuries and seemingly minor accidents that left victims with lasting medical problems.
Maximizing Your Car Accident Compensation
After a car accident, it can be overwhelming to navigate the legal process of seeking compensation for your injuries and damages. At Remer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLC, our Coral Gables car accident lawyers have years of experience representing clients throughout South Florida and fighting for the compensation they deserve.
Here are some ways we can help maximize your car accident compensation:
Thorough investigation: In order to create a compelling argument in your favor, we will fully
investigate every aspect of the accident, obtaining information, speaking
with witnesses, and contacting specialists.
Accurate valuation: Our lawyers will determine the exact amount of your losses, which may include hospital bills, missed wages, pain and suffering, and future costs associated with your injuries.
- Negotiation skills: Our experienced negotiators will work with the insurance companies to negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Courtroom representation: If necessary, we are prepared to take your case to court and fight for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
Don't settle for less than you deserve. Contact our Florida car accident attorneys to schedule a consultation and learn how we can help you maximize your compensation.
Contact Our Miami, Florida Car Accident Attorneys
Whatever your situation, don’t hesitate to reach out to our firm for the legal advice you deserve during a completely confidential consultation. Our law firm understands how to deal with insurance claims and lawsuits involving car accident injuries of any kind. By discussing your case with a Miami car accident attorney, you can find out more about the potential worth of your claim and what you can do at this point to positively impact your ability to recover full financial compensation.
Get an objective point of view from a legal professional who can advise you of your legal rights regarding your car accident claim. Remer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLC represents clients in Miami and the surrounding areas who have been injured in car accidents, and we offer a consultation to help you get started.
Contact a Miami car accident injury lawyer atRemer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLC!