recovered for employees!
years of combined experience!
in the state of Florida!
Miami Defective Product Lawyers
Taking Action for Victims of Device Defects in Florida
If you have been injured by a defective and dangerous product, an experienced personal injury law firm can help you file a product liability lawsuit for compensation. When you require aggressive legal representation, consider reaching out to Remer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLC. Our Miami defective product attorneys are committed to helping our clients get every penny they deserve. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we can help you recover damages for past and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional duress, and other financial losses. Call today and get started.
To get your defective product lawsuit underway today, contact us at (305) 416-5000 or reach out to us online. Our offices are conveniently located across South Florida and we serve clients statewide.
Filing a Defective Products Liability Claim in Miami
Any product that results in a consumer injury can lead to a product liability claim against the manufacturer or distributor.
Common defective products that cause injuries and lead to lawsuits include:
- Cars and their components
- Grocery products
- Medical devices
- Prescription drugs
- Toys and playground equipment
To establish that a company should be held liable for a defective product, an individual must show that the product had a flaw that caused a dangerous condition.
A product may be rendered defective only if it can be shown that it had:
- Manufacturing flaws: Defects in a product due to something going wrong in the process of making it.
- Design flaws: The manufacturer’s intended design is unreasonably dangerous.
- Marketing flaws: Failure to include warnings about the potential dangers of a product that was otherwise correctly designed and manufactured.
Unfortunately, the burden of proof lies on the victim to provide clear and convincing evidence that the manufacturer knew of the wrongness of their conduct. This can be a challenging task, especially against aggressive defense firms. Obtaining the assistance of qualified personal injury attorneys can help you build a strong and compelling case.
Defective Product Claims We Can Help You Resolve
Our defective medical device litigation attorneys will take legal action for people throughout Florida against companies making faulty products. We will stand up to negligent manufacturers of medical devices by pursuing individual lawsuits and class actions, supporting our efforts with research, technical knowledge, and expert testimony.
Our lawyers are prepared to evaluate potential defective product cases involving:
- Hip replacement implants, systems, and components recalled by their manufacturers, including the DePuy ASR hip replacement and resurfacing systems and defective hip replacement system cups from Zimmer Holdings
- Defective Kugel hernia/surgical mesh patches distributed by C.R. Bard and Davol
- Recalled Medtronic and Guidant pacemakers and other implanted heart devices
- Other medical devices suspected of causing death, the need for revision surgery, serious infection, or other life-changing consequences
While we mainly focus on defective medical device cases, our legal team may also be able to assist you in a number of defective product claims. Please reach out to determine whether we can help during a case evaluation.
Call Today for a Product Liability Consultation
At Remer, Georges-Pierre & Hoogerwoerd, PLLC, we are dedicated to seeking justice for those injured by defective products. If you have been injured or believe a defective medical device may have caused a loved one's death, severe illness, or disability, please call our firm today. Whether or not you have received a product recall notice of some kind, we encourage you to contact us for a case evaluation today. As your advocate, we will fight aggressively to ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the financial help you need.
To speak with one of our reputable product liability attorneys in Miami, call our number (305) 416-5000 today.
Your Rights Are Our Priority
Anthony Georges-Pierre is someone that will listen to you and help you when others say no. I highly recommend him.